(via Road Rules | Futility Closet)
Guidelines adopted by director Chuck Jones in making Warner Bros.’ Road Runner-Wile E. Coyote cartoons, from Jones’ 1999 memoir Chuck Amuck:
The Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going “beep-beep!”
No outside force can harm the Coyote — only his own ineptitude or the failure of the Acme products.
The Coyote could stop anytime — if he were not a fanatic. (Repeat: “A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.” — George Santayana)
No dialogue ever, except “beep-beep!”
The Road Runner must stay on the road — otherwise, logically, he would not be called road runner.
All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters — the southwest American desert.
All materials, tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.
Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote’s greatest enemy.
The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.
- westeggediting reblogged this from unpalombaro
- westeggediting likes this
- rollingwave likes this
- paranoie likes this
- nrtdnrtl likes this
- lafregna likes this
- iceageiscoming reblogged this from microlina
- iceageiscoming likes this
- microlina reblogged this from speziavenezia
- speziavenezia reblogged this from mirumir and added:
- feedthecrows likes this
- crowtendr reblogged this from rhea137
- fanofchocolate reblogged this from rhea137
- guillermomedina likes this
- fotogink likes this
- ohyeahblee reblogged this from rhea137
- jaisewell likes this
- hitohitohito reblogged this from rhea137
- hitohitohito likes this
- 8823dsn reblogged this from rhea137
- rhea137 reblogged this from unpalombaro
- followkaplan likes this
- dodicesimo likes this
- unpalombaro reblogged this from mirumir
- fragmentofwishdom reblogged this from mirumir
- fragmentofwishdom likes this
- mirumir posted this